sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Pontiac g5: this morning my radio would not operate, as well

this morning my radio would not operate, as well as the blinker sounds, hazard sounds or on star. after driving for half an hour the radio came by itself but could not be controlled by manual buttons and the clock would not elapse, it stayed at 1048. it also stayed on after the car was shut off and the key taken out. after disconnecting the radio fuse it turned off, and the remote key sensors dont seem to work now. any ideas?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

All of these symptoms point to an internal failure of the radio. All of the items that you have not working, including the keyless entry, are all controlled by the radio. The fact that it is staying on by itself after the rest of the car goes to sleep, clock not working and the loss of the other functions point to an internal failure. I would normally recommend trying to remove power from it and see if operation comes back afterward, but pulling the fuse would do just that and it hasn't helped. The radio will either need to be replaced or it will need to be removed and sent to an electronics repair facility such as United Radio. Often they can be repaired for cheaper than a replacement costs.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so magically enough the radio simply started working again two days later with no issue. will just keep an eye on anything electic related and see what happens. thanks again!

That's great! Maybe it will stay working now that it's back.

You're welcome and good luck with it!