ClayA, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ten years experience, ASE Master and Advanced Level Specialist certifications. 2006 Winner National Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills

daewoo nubira thread size

what is the thread size on a daewoo nubira rear axle nut? I believe it is 5/8-24 and i am having a terrible time trying to find a new one. Where else can I look? If I go on e-bay, i have to buy the whole assembly.

I am also having a hard time finding the answer for you. I will keep search through my reference material. However, what is your need for this information. Did it become damage or lost?
I have not been able to find a thread size or a replacement nut. It seems it may be a dealer only item. I will opt out now and see if another expert can help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The nuts are a softer material than the spindle, One of the nuts stripped out and the other nut was misplaced. I did not call the dealer because Daewoo no longer have dealerships in America. If I can get the correct size, I may try to have a local machine shop make me two castle or slotted nuts.

Daewoo Motor America
159 W. Orangethorpe Ave. Suite A
Placentia, CA 90870

(NNN) NNN-NNNN(option 6)

Coats Automotive Daewoo Parts

5850 B Rosebud Lane

Sacramento, CA 95841

(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>