sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Saab 9-3 Turbo X: My Saab is a 2000 9.3 turbo convertible,on

My Saab is a 2000 9.3 turbo convertible,on my dash board the abs brake light is always on.the radio can not be turn off and to avoid emptying the batterie I have had to remove the radio fuse.
Thank you so much for your help.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The radio has a constant power feed and is woken up by a bus message when the key is turned on rather than receiving another power feed. If the radio will not shut off most likely that is an internal failure.

The ABS light can be caused by a number of things including wheel speed sensors, the ABS module itself or hydraulic control unit, brake switch, wiring, etc. The most common cause would be a failed speed sensor. The first step in diagnosing this problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set and go from there.

The ABS light may be related to the odometer not working. The speedometer and odometer signal originates at the left rear wheel speed sensor, the ABS module picks up the signal and converts it to vehicle speed which is used by the instrument cluster. If the left rear wheel speed signal is missing then it will also take down the speedometer and odometer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could this be caused by a bad bump from a pothole, or from a antirust treatment?

It's possible that it could be caused by a pothole but is unlikely to be from rust treatment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your reply, and an additional detail: the radio works without

the key in the ignition

If it is the only thing staying on then the problem is most likely internal. That would also explain the battery draining while the car sits.