Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Jaguar X-Type: I have a 2003 Jaguar X-type 3.0 Automatic. I

I have a 2003 Jaguar X-type 3.0 Automatic. I have no reverse gear, but all other gears work fine. There is no chk engine light, or trans fault light indicating a problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do indeed still need help. I have been in the used car business for 15 years, but mostly working with Domestic cars, although I've only owned imports. One mechanic, who is a British car expert tells me if sounds like the shift control, rather than the transmission itself. A chain shop has advised me to do a complete rebuild. What more information do you need? I thought I was rather specific. There is no check engine light, no gearbox fault light, nothing to indicate the transmission, from a computer indicator standpoint. I have never had any issues with it's function, and the car has cost me less than any car I've owned, other than the Mercedes diesels I've owned. Ask away, and thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Disconnect all electronics from the transmission, if you still have no reverse then you have an internal issue. If you now have reverse then we need to check for a bad control unit or solenoids.