Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I have a 2007 Kia Rondo, it doesnt always start when I turn

I have a 2007 Kia Rondo, it doesn't always start when I turn the ignition. I take the stick shift and move it up and down from park to neutral back and forth a few times and then put it in park and try again. sometimes it starts right up sometimes it doesn't. I put in a new battery, still a problem. You can see that the lights go on when I turn the key, but it won't start always.
Hellogzzubeldia and thank you for your question!
This is usually a problem with the range switch located on the transaxle and not the shifter. Here is a diagram of it's location on the transaxle.
Sometimes all it takes is an adjustment, but from here is sounds like it may need to be replaced.
Hope this helps!
Please let me know if you need further assistance. If not, please be sure to rate my answer. If you are here on the free trial, a rating is still required, your card will not be charged.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't see the diagram you mention in the response

Sorry!
graphic