Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Mercedes-Benz C180: 3 problems1 ever since I replaced the

3 problems

1 ever since I replaced the starter motor the car won't idle and backfires can't drive any faster then 30-40kms
2 the radio cassette shows _ _ _ on the display and don't have instructions how to put the code in
3 sometimes disengages drive whilst driving and have to pull over and go through the gears on the selector or turn off and on the car to re engage drive
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

(1 ever since I replaced the starter motor the car won't idle and backfires can't drive any faster then 30-40kms)
Check and make sure there are no vacuum leaks for this issue,if a vacuum hose was bumped loose or anything was disconnected when replacing the starter this can cause this type of fault here.

(2 the radio cassette shows _ _ _ on the display and don't have instructions how to put the code in)
The code usually needs to be obtained from your nearest dealer.If you dont have one near you you might be able to contact the nearest by phone and they may ask for you to fax a copy of your liscense and registration and they may give you the code over the phone.If you have the code and just need instructions on how to enter it let me know.

(3 sometimes disengages drive whilst driving and have to pull over and go through the gears on the selector or turn off and on the car to re engage drive)
From what you have described here this sounds like a possible internal electrical fault with the electronic shifter itself.The shifter houses electronics to let the transmission computer know what gear it is selected into and if the electronics fail (fairly common) it can cause this issue here

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks yeah I just need the instructions to put the code in

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete