Ridgerunnerras
Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  I have been fixing cars for 26 years for myself and at a used Car dealer. I am skill mechnical and autobody and paint repair
54869360

Hi Im in need of paint info. My paint code is L2 but the guy

Hi I'm in need of paint info. My paint code is L2 but the guy tells me there are 2 different kinds of blue for my model year with this paint code. There is a way of knowing which one it is with the VIN number I think. VIN is 4F2YZ921X3KM42599. Thanks for the help

What make, model?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mazda Tribute

I see it as Calypso Blue Metallic/Dark Blue Metallic.

Is that a 2 tone? If not is the interior blue also?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok ..

I just read on one of your sites that the VIN ''provides any paint formula variation for your Mazda color code.'' So there has to be a way of knowing . If you can relist the question thanks

Hello I would like to help you

The Best way to find the correct color is to take it to a auto motive paint supply Store or a body shop and have them look at the color cards for that year. Even within the same paint code there could be several variances.

What I normally do if the car is not movable is to remove the gas door and take to a Body shop or auto paint store along with the paint code. Some paint Stores can even scan it.

When paint manufactures make paint, it is not always the exact same. The paint code gets you in the correct direction but it may not match what you have.

Ridgerunnerras, Auto Mechanic
Experience: I have been fixing cars for 26 years for myself and at a used Car dealer. I am skill mechnical and autobody and paint repair