Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

maxda mx5: Hi I have an 2000yr MX5, the ignition barrel internal

Customer Question

Hi
I have an 2000yr MX5, the ignition barrel internal key stem is broken the key turns 360 degrees. Can I get it repaired , do i buy replacement new/used and do i have to match my
key with locksmith to stop computer probs with the anti theft
Live in Rarotonga cook islands!
cheers
cam
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

you will need to purchase a replacement lock cylinder for it as the original in it now is not repairable. Before installing the new lock cylinder, have a locksmith configure the tumblers to match your existing key. This way it wont require any programming afterwards
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.