K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

Mazda Protege MAZDASPEED: I have a 2003 mazdaspeed protege

I have a 2003 mazdaspeed protege and it has a hole in block I want to know if I can make a 2.0 non turbo motor work in the car if I put all the Mazda speed turbo stuff on the non turbo engine
Hello, You can use the non turbo short block, the pistons and crank are the same as the turbo. You will need to use the turbo head and other associated parts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So if i use the head and turbo off my 2.0 it will all work on a non turbo short block is that wat your saying?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you the man im taking your word for it on this i bought the car for 250 itsx in good shape bad motor and also tho wat about the non turbo motor being set up as automatic my car is stick

Glad to help, you got a real good deal there. As far as swapping out to a stick just swap over your flywheel and clutch to the non turbo motor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hot damn u r the man for sure i appreciate the help big time i will let u know if i need furthrr assistance u get an a+++++ in my book

No problem. If anything further comes up you can reach me here