SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

I have a 2002 Honda S2000. The roof has developed a rip resulting

I have a 2002 Honda S2000. The roof has developed a rip resulting from abrasion between the roof fabric and the supporting frame. Honda published a technical service bulletin (TSB_09-033) for an identical issue but my year group is not covered under the TSB. Other than the rip, the roof fabric is in excellent condition since the car is garage kept. The Honda dealership won't replace the roof as a warranty repair and their estimate is $3300 parts & labor to replace it. I would prefer not to patch the roof. I found an upholstery shop that says that they can make/install a new roof. Is this an alternative worth pursuing or can you offer a better recommendation?

SARMIENTO22556 :

hello and welcome to justanswer.com, i know exactly how you're feeling on this one. my wife's Z3 has top issues and i am looking at replacing the top as well. if you find a upholstery shop that would be willing to do it for cheaper that would be the way to go. Just word to the wise if you could see the kind of work this place puts out that is important. quality work is key with convertible tops

SARMIENTO22556 :

don't sacrifice quality for price.

SARMIENTO22556 :

if you have any other questions concerning this issue please do not hesitate to ask.

SARMIENTO22556 :

plase do not rate my service until you are completely satisfied and can rate it good or above.