Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda 6 I: 2003 mazda 6 keyless entry does not work in hot

2003 mazda 6 keyless entry does not work in hot weather(temperature of 100 degree F) but works when cool outside.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this sounds like a possible fault with the key less entry control module on this vehicle.I have seen some of these fail in the past and can cause issues like this here and be temperature related.If you have a second key/remote and it acts the same way then we know for sure it isn't the remote itself,most likely it isn't anyways as the remote isn't subject to the heat like this until you go outside to the vehicle with it.

This sounds like an internal electrical fault with the key less entry control module itself.I would have the fault codes read out with a scan tool that can communicate with this vehicles computers to see what codes have set.Once this has been done then it can be diagnosed to see if for sure this is at fault.Electrical testing is required as well at the module to make sure it has the proper power and ground signals.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there something I can do for a temporart fix, like cleaning connections, or insulating the wiring better so it does not get so hot. I have heard graphite can help the locks open easier but want to check first. Is this module easily replaced or is a mechanic needed?

It doesn't sound like the locks themselves need to be lubricated as this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the remote key less entry control module and it would need replaced to correct this as the circuits internally are not able to handle the heat.I have seen this before and had to replace the control units that were affected.I would have this checked/tested to see if this is for sure at fault.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can this be done at auto zone or is it a dealership issue?

The codes can be checked by auto zone but the diagnostics and replacement if needed would need to be done by a dealer or local shop.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete