Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Audi A8 Quattro: problem with my Audi A8 3.7 Quattro 2000.

problem with my Audi A8 3.7 Quattro 2000. I have new front brake discs, pads, and the calipers are both overhauled.
now the front brakes are seizing a bit, discs and wheels are getting hot...
the brakes ARE working good (brake and release feel OK, so I assume that the brake cylinders are loose and not fixed)
I read there is a similar issue with the old audi 100, (problem is broken master brake cylinder) but, that issue is only when getting hot. (my problem is always). what could be the reason?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here and with what I have seen in the past this may be a fault with the master cylinder itself.In some cases this may only occur when it heats up but in others the damage may be permanent in the master cylinder causing this requiring the master cylinder to be replaced.

One way to check this (the brakes would need to be bled after this though so keep this in mind as you will not be able to drive it until they are bled of air) is to loosen or remove the front brake line from the master cylinder.If the front brakes release then then the master cylinder is at fault needing replaced.

If they do not release then this may be a fault with the ABS (anti lock brake system) hydraulic unit itself as this can sometimes fail internally mechanically and cause this here as well.

These are most common to cause this issue and need checked into further to locate and correct this fault.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete