Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mercedes-Benz CLK430: My wife has a Mercedes clk and the front

My wife has a Mercedes clk and the front passenger seat fell backwards onto the seat behind. The seat was floppy and couldn't be locked back into position and the electrics did not work on it. My wife had to remove our baby daughter from the back seat and then push the chair all the way back and it seem to lock into position and then the electrics started to work again. This has happened twice now in a year period. Is she doing something wrong or is this a fault ?

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this sounds like a mechanical fault with one of the seat latch/hinge assemblies possibly causing this here.If there is any kind of manual release that allows this seat to do this then the cable or latch for that release may cause this here.If this is occurring on its own and is falling rapidly towards the rear onto the rear seat this sounds like an internal mechanical fault in the seat itself and would need to be inspected further to locate and correct this fault.

Thanks Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience: 17 years automotive training and experience.