Have a Car Question? Ask a Mechanic Online.
this sounds as if you may have a bad speed sensor
this is located on the transfercase
Transfer Case Speed Sensor ReplacementRemoval Procedure
1. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting. 2. Disconnect the speed sensor electrical connector (4).
3. Remove the speed sensor.Installation Procedure
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice. 1. Install the speed sensor. Tighten the sensor to 15 N.m (11 lb ft).
2. Connect the speed sensor electrical connector (4). 3. Lower the vehicle.
Hi dear my main problem is this signal Pls give my the way to replace it and the part which riquaird Thank u
i got your picture
please tell me,,,,does theXXXXXwork?does the front wheels pull when in 4wd?
you may need to replace the transfer case actuator
this is located on the side of the transfer case
Transfer Case Encoder Motor Replacement Removal Procedure
1. Remove the transfer case shield. 2. Remove the front propeller shaft. 3. Disconnect the transfer case switch electrical connector (2). 4. Disconnect the encoder motor electrical connector (7).
5. Remove the encoder motor bolts. 6. Remove the encoder motor. 7. Remove the actuator insulator gasket. 8. If replacing the encoder motor, remove the locating pins from the old motor.Installation Procedure Important: ^ If the encoder motor is being replaced because it is defective, ensure that the transfer case is in the neutral position. Manually shift the transfer case at the shift shaft, using a crescent wrench if necessary. ^ When installing the encoder motor, ensure that the encoder motor is indexed correctly and the motor is flat against the transfer case before tightening the bolts. ^ A NEW encoder motor does NOT come with locating pins.
1. Install the locating pins to the NEW encoder motor. 2. Position a NEW actuator insulator gasket to the transfer case. 3. Install the encoder motor. 4. Install encoder motor bolts. Tighten the bolts, in the sequence shown, to 20 Nm (15 ft. lbs.).
5. Connect the encoder motor electrical connector (7). 6. Connect the transfer case switch electrical connector (2). 7. Install the front propeller shaft. 8. Install the transfer case shield.
Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP