Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

GMC 2007: Hi sir How are u My car detailes is Country:

Hi sir
How are u
My car detailes is
Country: Oman
Make: GMC
Model: Sierra 2500 HD SLT
Year: 2007
Engine: 6.0 petrol
My problem is i got a signal in a speedo mettter. ServiceXXXXXpls tell how to replace it and wich part required
Thank u
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

this sounds as if you may have a bad speed sensor

tims auto repair :

this is located on the transfercase

tims auto repair :

Transfer Case Speed Sensor Replacement

Removal Procedure

19_gc-860643.png
Full Size Image

1. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Vehicle Lifting.
2. Disconnect the speed sensor electrical connector (4).

66_gc-394335.png
Full Size Image

3. Remove the speed sensor.

Installation Procedure

66_gc-394335.png
Full Size Image

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice.

1. Install the speed sensor.

Tighten the sensor to 15 N.m (11 lb ft).

19_gc-860643.png
Full Size Image

2. Connect the speed sensor electrical connector (4).
3. Lower the vehicle.

tims auto repair :

Customer:

Hi dear my main problem is this signal
Pls give my the way to replace it and the part which riquaird
Thank u

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

please explain

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

i got your picture

tims auto repair :

please tell me,,,,does theXXXXXwork?does the front wheels pull when in 4wd?

Customer: No not working when the signal shows in the display metter
Customer: Hi sir how are u
tims auto repair :

ok

tims auto repair :

you may need to replace the transfer case actuator

tims auto repair :

this is located on the side of the transfer case

tims auto repair :

Transfer Case Encoder Motor Replacement

Removal Procedure

90_gc-829147.png
Full Size Image

1. Remove the transfer case shield.
2. Remove the front propeller shaft.
3. Disconnect the transfer case switch electrical connector (2).
4. Disconnect the encoder motor electrical connector (7).

16_gc-857301.png
Full Size Image

5. Remove the encoder motor bolts.
6. Remove the encoder motor.
7. Remove the actuator insulator gasket.
8. If replacing the encoder motor, remove the locating pins from the old motor.

Installation Procedure

Important:
^ If the encoder motor is being replaced because it is defective, ensure that the transfer case is in the neutral position. Manually shift the transfer case at the shift shaft, using a crescent wrench if necessary.
^ When installing the encoder motor, ensure that the encoder motor is indexed correctly and the motor is flat against the transfer case before tightening the bolts.
^ A NEW encoder motor does NOT come with locating pins.

38_gc-857328.png
Full Size Image

1. Install the locating pins to the NEW encoder motor.
2. Position a NEW actuator insulator gasket to the transfer case.
3. Install the encoder motor.

4. Install encoder motor bolts.

Tighten the bolts, in the sequence shown, to 20 Nm (15 ft. lbs.).

90_gc-829147.png
Full Size Image

5. Connect the encoder motor electrical connector (7).
6. Connect the transfer case switch electrical connector (2).
7. Install the front propeller shaft.
8. Install the transfer case shield.

tims auto repair :

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sir how are u
In same car i have problem with stability of the staring wheel
When i drive in rush road or in off road i feel the staring wheel not stabile
Its playing left and right this problem start when i change the arms up and down and boshes from that day it start and becouse of this problem i had change many parts as like staring box road boshes and arms complete but still not fix
hi
if the steering wheel shakes while driving,,the problem is in the wheels or the tires,,,check the tires for balance,the wheels for warp and also check the tires for a broken belt
thanks

Please RATE my answer by clicking the RATINGS button so I can get credit for my work,, the [BAD SERVICE] and [POOR SERVICE] rating does not give me credit].i don't receive commission if you give a less than 3 star/smiley rating ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, ,please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP