Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Daihatsu Rocky SX: We bought a 1990 Daihatsu Rocky 1.6 Engine.

We bought a 1990 Daihatsu Rocky 1.6 Engine. It has an overheating problem. The person we got the car from replaced the thermostat, re-built the radiator and removed the air conditioner. What else could be the problem?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

Other things that can cause an over heat issue like this here can be a restriction in the vehicles coolant system causing flow issues through the cooling system.In some cases a simple coolant flush may correct this here.If this has not been checked or done this may be a good starting point.Make sure all hoses are in their correct locations.

Another issue can be a leaking head gasket to where exhaust gases and heat are leaking into the coolant.This wont show up as coolant or oil leaking on the ground but instead an internal leak of the exhaust into the coolant.If a block test has not been done this should be done to see if a leaking head gasket is the issue here.Most shops can do this test and usually takes less then an hour to do.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete