Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Porsche Panamera: I have a 2013 Panamera GTS, 3,500 mls. Today

I have a 2013 Panamera GTS, 3,500 mls. Today on the first starting attempt, it sputtered just a bit and did not start. That had never happened. Second attempt started, but I could immidiatly tell something was a miss. I got a dashboard warning that said "Engine not at full power", on my right large display. I drove it about a quarter of a mile. It would not shift correctly via PDK. So I just turned around went home, parked it, turned it off, counted to 5 and started it again. No problem.

I figured it was some kind of software glich and it was protecting itself by not letting me take the rpm's to high.

In the old days (70's, when I was a teenageor and in my 20's) the behavior would have suggested to me something like vapor look or bad fuel.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this may be an issue with a lack of fuel to the engine itself.This can cause a hard start and sputtering issue like this here.This may possibly be an issue with a weak fuel pump causing this.With a weak pump the first start of the day or when the vehicle has sat an extended period is when the engine needs the most fuel.This will cause the hard starting here.

It may have went into a fail safe limp mode after this fault occurred and can be why you had seen the message and it reset once the key was cycled off then restarted.

I would have the fuel pressure tested as well as fault codes checked in the vehicles computers to see if the fault can be located and corrected here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete