Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Chev, avalanche: My 2004 Chev Avalanche gets wet on the driver

My 2004 Chev Avalanche gets wet on the driver and passage floor when it rains. It does have a sun roof but that may not be where it's coming from.
Hi .

This is a known issue which i suggest you check as this could also be yours .

1st most common issue is where the E-brake cable goes thought the body
Pull back the carpet and check that the grommet is still in place .

If you see this is still fitted then i suggest you pour water on the sunroof with a garden hose just to be sure you will have to open the roof very slightly just enough for the water to run down the drain tubes ,

Then with the garden hose pour water over the drivers door weather seals have some one sit inside and check where the water is coming from ,this will take some time
so patience is needed.

Door drains clogged and the door wiring seals from body to door open the door and check this seal is still fitted .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It makes sence, pulled up the rug, drilled a small hole to let any water build up and to let carpet dry. will do the water thing over the weekend. It got me started and that's important. It does look like it is coming in near the door. I think your right

thank you ,