Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Ford F Series: my power stroke 7.3 ford motor loses power

my power stroke 7.3 ford motor loses power why?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

This may be caused by a turbo failure or injection pump failure on this engine here.I would inspect around the turbo and turbo hoses to see if any kind of leaks are noticed with oil leaking or possibly one of the hoses for boost.If any leaks are found then they should be repaired.

The turbo and fuel injection pump should be checked/tested further to see if one is found at fault here.Both can be a common component as well as a leaking fuel injector and cause this and would need checked into further to locate and correct this fault here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete