Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Toyota Vienta: I have a 1997 camry vienta. travelled 300 kms

I have a 1997 camry vienta. travelled 300 kms last weekend and parked it in the shed. tried to start the the next day and it wont start. the dash lights all come on but when I try to start nothing happens. no clicks at all. hotwired the starter and it turns the motor well. battery good and all fuses checked. ideas please.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this doesn't sound like the starter or starter components at fault here but may be an internal electrical fault in the electronic ignition switch possibly.If the electronic ignition switch has failed it can fail to provide the correct signals on its circuits and can cause this here.

I would have the electronic ignition switch tested to see if it is found to be at fault.It may be other components like a possible battery cable or fuse box cable issue or others that may cause this but electronic ignition switches can be a common component to fail in some cases on several models and can cause this here.Make sure the battery cables are tight and clean at the battery and to where they run from the battery and connect on the engine and fuse boxes as well.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete