Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Isuzu Trooper LS: I have a 1997 Isuzi Trooper LS and have a

I have a 1997 Isuzi Trooper LS and have a problem that is intermittent. I lose power to the air conditioner including the blower motor. At the same time the following indicator lights appear on the dash; (1) light comes on indicating the car is in four wheel drive. (2) The ABS light comes on. (3) The brake light comes on and (4) The battery light comes on. The car appears to lose acceleration and within a few minutes each light with go out (not all at the same time) and the air conditioner will operate also.  FYI, about a month ago I had the air conditioner compressor changed out but the problem didn't start until recently.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass.

I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day 2pm-midnight cst. , so that is when I do all of my responding.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

X Do you still need help?

X Is there any more information you can add?

X At minimum what do you need to know if I can not address all of your concern?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I still need help. I am going to drive the car again this morning and maybe some more information will be available. It appears the air conditioner compressor and fan are loosing power. The power on button for the car has a blue light in the center and this light goes out when the problem occurs, as I said it's an intermittent problem so invariably the problem is not occurring when I take it to the shop. At minimum I need the air to work all the time, I live in Florida, it's "hot".

I am pretty sure your issue is a power or ground concern where as the battery voltage getting to the fuse boxes is dropping either from poor battery cable connections at either end or the alternator is momentarily not charging. I would start by cleaning the cable connections and having the alternator load tested.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will clean the cable connections today, can a place like AutoZone load test the alternator?

Yes AZ can test the battery and alternator on the vehicle.