Gary
Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years
19513769

My h3 hummer will not pull onthe rear wheels if something happens

My h3 hummer will not pull onthe rear wheels if something happens to the front differential . can you by pass the so it will pull on the rear axle . this has happen to me twice

Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you with this problem

so what speed will it do this ?

when this happens the truck will not move at all ?

sorry for all the questions but I want to be sure to give you the correct answer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Speed seems to have no bearing on this happening , I had a front ring and pinon gear go bad about 3 months ago, and the hummer would not move even though the the rear axle is fine . This morning I had a u joint on the front axle break and the hummer will not move untill you unplug the Battery and let it reset. it will pull fine on the rear, but for only about 3 - 4 minutes . It is full timeXXXXX. is there anyway to bypass this and just use the rear axle to drive it back home . I was going about 45. mph when the u joint broke .

with the full time 4X4 there is no way to just run the rear axle

the only way is to install a selectable transfer case

and just keep it in 2WD im sorry to say