Greg, Technician
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Porsche Boxster 2dr.Cabriolet: We have a 1999 Boxster with

We have a 1999 Boxster with a blown engine, and someone interested in buying it from us-the problem is that we need to be able to open the front and rear hood, which is now locked because of the "load switch-off" function having kicked in. The car key remote does nothing either, and can't seem to be reactivated as there is nothing happening when the ignition is switched. The battery may be dead at this point-it's been sitting in our driveway a few weeks (since it was sadly towed home from the repair shop), and of course the battery can't be gotten to with the hoods stuck shut. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Hi ,

The best way to get this open is to get under the rear of the car with a power jump pack and connect up to the mail positive cable on the starter motor and the black to the block of the engine , now you should be able to activate the electrical system needed to open the doors .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: 17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have no means of getting under the car (jack is in trunk) and no power jump pack... we have heard about emergency car chargers that can connect two vehicles via the cigarette lighter/accessory sockets to recharge 12 volt batteries-if we could get one, would it be a possible solution?

Yes this will work if the jump pack has this option ,but you will have to turn the ignition to "ON" position to close the circuit .some forget this then think it does not work .Wink

Rgds Greg