Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Kia Sorento: XXXXX XXXXX parking lights stay on tonight parked

Driver side parking lights stay on tonight parked in driveway. Fiddled with it for 40 min. Had to disconnect ground on battery. 2013 Sorento. 20K miles.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here this sounds like a relay may be stuck on in the vehicle causing this or possibly an internal control unit fault causing these lights to stick on like this here especially if it is only the drivers side this would lead me to believe this is an internal electrical fault with a control unit/computer in the vehicle that controls these lights here.

Being a 2013 model this should be covered under factory warranty.I would have a dealer look into this issue and they should be able to locate and correct this fault at no charge to you.This does sound like a control unit is causing only these drivers side lights to stay on like this here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete