Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Hi,I have a 2008 Suzuki Forenza with 46,000 miles on it ,the

Customer Question

Hi,I have a 2008 Suzuki Forenza with 46,000 miles on it ,the passenger side air bag was turned off because of a baby riding in the front seat.Do you have any idea how to turn it back on and make the light go out? All Suzuki dealers anywhere around us are out of business or I would take it to a dealer.Any help would be greatly appreciated,Thanks,Rick [email protected]
Submitted: 3 years ago via
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
My name is Pete and I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

This vehicle uses a sensing system in the passenger seat,when it detects a small amount or certain amount of weight it will disable the passenger air bag (for small people and children).When it detects a larger amount of weight it will enable the air bag system to operate in case of a collision.If this system is not detecting the weight properly it can cause a fault to where the air bag wont be armed properly.This can be caused by the sensor assembly in the seat itself in some cases.

This would need to be further looked into to locate the fault for sure for proper diagnosis and repair.Of course this is best done by a dealer as they usually have the correct diagnostic and repair equipment but a local shop may be able to diagnose this fault as well.

Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete