Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Kia 2004: I HAVE A 2004 KIA SORENTO AND FRONT DRIVE TRUNS BUT

I HAVE A 2004 KIA SORENTO AND FRONT DRIVE TRUNS BUT THE TIRES DONT WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If you have the vehicle shifted or selected into 4wd or automatically is shifted into 4wd with a wheel slip condition and the front drive shaft is spinning this indicates the transfer case is operating properly but the front differential isn't operating as it should.

This may be an internal mechanical fault in the front differential itself.This would need to be further checked into to be sure.

Keep in mind the front drive line may turn and the front wheels may not if the drive line is in a free spin as some vehicles will rotate this front drive line all of the time.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete