Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Mazda 6: 2005 mazda 6 wont shift out of park on really hot

2005 mazda 6 won't shift out of park on really hot days
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

This vehicle should have a shift solenoid on the shifter assembly itself down near the base of the shifter.This solenoid should be triggered by brake pedal activation with a signal from the brake switch or computer to release it so the shifter can be shifted.The first thing I would check is to make sure you have brake lights when the brake pedal is pressed to see if the brake switch itself is a possible problem.If you do have brake lights then the brake control and switch sound to be o.k. and the fault may be with the shift release solenoid at the shifter itself as most vehicles have.

This would need to be tested further to be sure this is the component at fault and if found at fault it would need repaired to correct this issue.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank, Pete

your expert information was right, the problem was my solenoid.

Thats great to hear the problem has been located.Let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Thanks Pete