C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

engine lopes with a/c on

engine lopes with a/c on
Category: Car
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.

cwalkerjr21 :

Hello, what kind of vehicle are we working on here?

Customer:

2000 chevy blazer 2 door

cwalkerjr21 :

Have you replaced or cleaned the idle air control valve?

Customer:

no

cwalkerjr21 :

This is very common when summer comes around. Do you have the 4.3 engine?

Customer:

yes

cwalkerjr21 :

I am going to load up the steps to replace so you can remove it and clean it. Give me a few moments.

Customer:

ok

cwalkerjr21 :

After you get it all cleaned up it should work like a champ.

Customer:

i'll try it tomorrow and let you know. too tired tonight. thank you

cwalkerjr21 :

There is a reset that can be done on the IAC. But honestly most of the times it gets a build up causes it to stick.

Customer:

thank you

cwalkerjr21 :

To try the reset its easy. Start the engine let it run for 20 seconds than turn it off for 10 seconds and restart.

cwalkerjr21 :

This will reset the valve pintle location on the IAC but if it is full of gunk it will do the same thing.

cwalkerjr21 :

Good luck and let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer:

i will thank you

cwalkerjr21 :

You are welcome!

C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience: Shop training and experience.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.