Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  25 years working as a service technician
43460220

forenza Suzuki: I have a Suzuki forenza 2006. There is no power

I have a Suzuki forenza 2006. There is no power commingle out of the ecm. It worked until the battery was unplugged. The part that was changed was crank shaft positioning sensor
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Steve :

Thanks for trusting me to help you with your car today. I am a certified mechanic with over 25 years of experience. I look forward to working with you

Customer:

we have pulled out the after market starter, and an after marked

Customer:

anti theft.

Steve :

What is going on with your car it does not crank?

Customer:

the anti lock breaks also locked when battery was unpluged. the factory had an anti theft in when the old owner pur

Steve :

You cannot get codes from the computer through the dcl connector or you cannot communicate with the ecm?

Customer:

there is no power comming out of the ecm

Steve :

Does your obd 2 tester turn on when you plug it into the dcl connector?

Customer:

thats right, they have traced power going in but nothing comming out

Customer:

no the teaster has no data comming out

Steve :

Do you have 12 volts at pin 16 on the dcl connector?

Customer:

yes

Steve :

Ok you have battery and ground to the ecm and if the computer will not communicate with the tester then the ecm is shot. It needs to be replaced.

Customer:

thank you. if i replace ecm an it does not fix problem then what

Steve :

Then you are missing power or ground to the computer, make sure you do not have any blown fuses. before replacing the ecm.

Customer:

fuses all good checked every one

Steve :

Then it has to be a ecm.

Customer:

is there anything i need to do before i put in ecm

Steve :

You are going to need to have the dealer program the new ecm to your car

Steve :

The relay is ok for the computer?

Customer:

can any dealer do that or suzuki. the closest dealer is two an a half hours away

Steve :

Has to be a suzuki dealer or a place that has the equipment to program the computer.

Customer:

relay is ok as far as i know

Steve :

Did you replace it or change it out with a similar relay?

Customer:

no not yet should we

Steve :

I would, how do you know you have power to the computer?

Customer:

checked with volt tester

Steve :

Which pin did you check at the computer connector?

Customer:

the guy working on it checked the 16th while talking with you

Steve :

At the computer connector go to c12 you should have battery voltage.

Steve :

You have two connectors to the computer one connector is c the other is e

Steve :

make sure you check c 12 pin

Customer:

the guy put the things away an wont take it out until tomorrow can we get backwith you tomorrow about 1 pm

Steve :

Sure in the meantime go to the fuse box under the dash and check fuse 11 it is a 10 amp fuse see if it is blown.

Customer:

it is fine

Steve :

If you know for sure you have power and ground to the computer and you cannot communicate with the computer the computer is bad

Steve :

You may have blown the computer hooking the battery back up.

Customer:

than the computer is bad an will be getting a new one tomorrow. thankyou for your help you were alot more help than the dealership

Steve :

You are very welcome and thank you as well for using justanswer.

Steve :

Please rate the chat by clicking the excellent service happy face, and clicking the green submit button when it pops up. Thanks

Steve :

The questions remain open as long as you need it, even after you rate my answer. Thanks.

Steve, ASE Certified Tech
Experience: 25 years working as a service technician