Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

Lamborghini Gallardo: With a blown clutch on a Lamborghini

With a blown clutch on a Lamborghini (e-gear), what info should I ask from the dealership that would tell me whether the clutch blew in the few minutes I drove the car or whether there was a pre-existing problem?
Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you with this problem
so you test drove this car and in a few minutes of driving the clutch blew ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I drove my friends car (2006 model) for 2 blocks. He has had it for 3 months and says the clutch was changed right before he bought the car from Lamborghini dealership. I don't know how he drove the car. I drove the car and after one round, I came to a light and revved the car in 1st gear very slightly. When the light turned green, I drove forward, changed from 1st to 2nd and then 3rd (at around 35-40 mph). Right then saw smoke and smell coming from the engine area. Pulled over and told my friend what happened. The car was flat bedded to the same dealership. Let me know if you require any further info.

so the dealership said the clutch was burnt out ?
and your friend is questioning if the dealer actually replaced the clutch 3 months ago when he bought it ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The dealership has not said anything yet. I just want to make sure I know what to ask to find out if I caused the problem or if the problem may have existed even before I drove the car.
well to be honest i have never seen a clutch blow up in driving it 2 blocks
if you were revving it up and slipping it the whole time would not tear it up
as for how the owner was driving it may be in question as we don't know how they drive it
i have seen clutches blow up @ month or two if the customer rides the clutch and uses the clutch to hold the car on a hill will tear it right up
as for if they changed it or not is the big question
if it was first off they should have documentation that they did change it
secondly if it was changed just 3 months ago it should be under warranty and when the clutch is in there now is removed you can tell if the clutch,plate and flywheel are over 3 months old or not
it might be a battle for them to cover it for your friend and they could produce fake documentation for a clutch but if they show him the documentation very quick that it was done tell them to prove that you guys tore up the clutch
i find most of the time killing them with kindness will get the issue resolved with the dealer