Wolfgang, Master Auto Tech
Experience:  Master, L1, L2, ASE 15yrs and running.

Bentley Continental GT: Why does the gear shift selection indicator

Customer Question

Why does the gear shift selection indicator on the dash display frequently go from having the current gear only highlighted in yellow to having a solid yellow highlight around al selections? When this happens, the manual shifter and paddles stop working completely.
Category: Car
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 years ago.

Eurocar Inc. : Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. Quality research = Quality answer!!
Eurocar Inc. : Usually the shifter tape has a magnet that is mounted to the tape itself to see if you slap the stick to manual mode , and that magnet tends to fall out. Now there can be a wiring issue on the a pillar connector station where the connector is corroded due to moisture ingress also. A full diagnosis scan is necessary to narrow down which direction to go.
Eurocar Inc. : If you have any other questions let me know
JACUSTOMER-vdr1ob80- :

So what is a reasonable range for prices to diagnose and fix this issue?

Eurocar Inc. : Diagnostic charge would be 150 to 300 plus the repair and parts
Eurocar Inc. : I have seen up to 1500 if it is wiring and how much must be repaired
JACUSTOMER-vdr1ob80- :

Can you recommend someone for this in Naples, FL? The dealer here is a rapist!!

Eurocar Inc. : Yeah most of them are because ...... You know. I'm in the north east area. Might want to try an Audi dealer they might do the job due to the fact that the electronics is very similar to the a8l
JACUSTOMER-vdr1ob80- :

Last question: Can a regular AC service provider add Freon to this car. I replaced the compressor, but the air still isn't running very cool, so I'm guessing Freon leak maybe?

Eurocar Inc. : Sometimes there is a code set for low freon and if that is set only way to clear it is through a scan tool like VCDS OR SNAP ON SOLUS WITH EURO PACKAGE.
Eurocar Inc. : But anybody can charge the system
JACUSTOMER-vdr1ob80- :

Who has that tool besides dealer? Anyone?

Eurocar Inc. : Vw dealer scan tool can clear it , google Ross tech the program and cabe is very reasonable if you have other vw audi's etc....
Eurocar Inc. : Sometimes you can advertise on craigslist looking for vag com assistance.
Eurocar Inc. : Anything else? If not please take the time to fill out positive feedback for the service given
Eurocar Inc. : thanks