Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Nissan/Datsun 4wd: Why does my 1986 Nissan run poorly in 2wd

Why does my 1986 Nissan run poorly in 2wd but fantastic in 4wd? And what is fuel induction?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

Is the vehicle not moving properly in 2wd but the engine is running properly or is the engine running poorly in 2wd?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, that's exactly what happens.
O.k.,if the vehicle is moving properly in 4wd but not in 2wd this may be an internal mechanical fault in the transfer case itself as this is usually the component that engages 2wd and 4wd properly.With an internal mechanical fault this can cause an issue like this here as I have seen and have had to correct before.In some cases the transfer case would need replaced and in others it can be repaired all depending on the amount of damage to the transfer case itself.

Fuel injection is where electronic fuel injectors are used to spray/pulse fuel into the engine/intake and is used in conjunction with several sensors on the engine to determine the timing of when to fire off the fuel injectors to spray this fuel into the engine.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Pete, the answer you gave was very helpful. I look forward to driving a truck that works properly.
Your welcome.Let us know if you need anything else in the future and feel free to rate my help above when your ready.

Thanks Pete