Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.

Check Engine Light came on , how do I repair it?

Hello sir or Madam and thank you for your question!The first thing that you have to do is get the stored code that caused the light to come on. Most Autozones will do this for you free of charge. There are over 500 different codes that can cause the light to come on.So, once you get the code then you can post it here with me and I can help you diagnose the issue. This is where you have to start to solve the issue with the light being on.The code will start with a P such as this example P0420 please let me know if you need further assistance, if not, please be sure to rate my answer. If you are here on the free trial offer, it's still important that you rate. Your card will not be charged.Thank you.