Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

BMW 740i: I recently had my AC recharged on my 2000 E38 M Sport

I recently had my AC recharged on my 2000 E38 M Sport 740I. The blend door does not appear to be working as there is still heat coming from the vents though you can feel a tiny bit of cold trying to escape too. Are the blend doors actuated by a module? How difficult is it to fix this problem so my AC works again?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

The air mix/blend door is controlled electronically by the heating and ac control module itself (this is the push button module on the dash).The first thing I would check is with the ac on and engine running see if one of the ac lines running off of the ac compressor is very cold/freezing cold.If it is then the ac compressor is operating and this may be the blend door actuator at fault.If both ac lines are warm then the compressor is either operating incorrectly if it is locked in and rotating or not enough freon in the ac system.

In some cases a fault code will set in the heater and ac control module which can disable the proper operation of the hot/cold function and ac operation.I would first check and see if any fault codes are set/stored in the heater/ac control unit.If there is one or more codes set these need diagnosed to locate and correct this fault here or since the ac was re charged with freon the codes may just need erased with a scan tool.

Your vehicle should have two air mix/temperature control actuators and it is rare for both to fail at the same time so this may be just fault codes that need erased after the ac was recharged to get the ac to operate properly again.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete