Dad Mechanic
Dad Mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  I have worked on everyting from Model Ts to 2012 Autos,

i have no codes comming up ,but when i put the car in gear

i have no codes comming up ,but when i put the car in gear slight bang in reverse and into drive , hard shit fromXXXXX i have change filter and fluid 2 times a year since 1999 till now mil. is 140087

Dad Mechanic :

Sorry for your problem. I am here to try and assist you. Sounds like a torque converter lockup solinoid, Jim!!! Thanks for coming to Just Answers.

are they easy to change and do I test them with an ohme meter

Dad Mechanic :

they are usually inside the end cover on the transmission. I'm more familar with a chevy but they are about 40$. i've never checked one just replaced it.

ok thanks ,I to whent to vo-tech for auto tech and I been working on cars since I was 12 years old but I went to work on B&O R.R. for 28 years as a mec. but got out of touch with new tech. stuff . thanks again joe