Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Holden Rodeo RA: Have a 4jj1-tc diesel motor that lost oil

Have a 4jj1-tc diesel motor that lost oil pressure,have replaced pressure unit,checked pick up and put a test to it,no presure at all.Any ideas on what problem could be?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described if you had no knocking or clicking noises at all before this occurred here and the pressure was lost immediately this may be a fault with the oil pump assembly itself causing this.Most pumps have a pressure regulator either attached to the pump or built into the pump and this can fail and cause this here.

I have seen failed crank and camshaft bearings cause this as well but usually you would have some type of pressure if this was the case.With no pressure at all this sounds like a possible failed oil pump itself.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete