Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Jaguar S-Type: My jaguar 2000 s type 3.0 v8 shut down on me

My jaguar 2000 s type 3.0 v8 shut down on me when I was driving no light come on noting working what going on I Check the battery and the Flues I'm not geting noting help pls

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have passed. I am checking to see if you still need help.

I am not going to lie, this concern is not my strongest point, but I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day, so that is when I do all of my responding. If there is anything else you can add to your concern to help me out more so I can help you out in turn please do so in your next reply.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok my bad is a jaguar s type 3.0 v6 2000 I was driving from the heat game the car was loosening power the light when off n on when the car was still driving then it shut down on me no light no nose noting come on I looking into the battery n still got noting what can I do

At this time it appears your alternator failed and this meant the vehicle was running off of battery voltage until the battery voltage was gone and it died. A good battery should have 12.6 volts and a running engine will show 13-15 volts at the battery if charging correct.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So I need a new alternator n battery I just check my battery n they told me it don't work no more so my next step is to buy the part new

I stated how to test the battery and alternator and stated it appears like the alternator is to blame so far, I do not know why you rated me as a bad tech for that?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can u tell me where the alternator is located

The alternator is accessed from under the car since its mounted under the engine near the sub frame.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Order new battery for a reason the ground keeps Sparky n melting The. Metal part of the battery when you connect them what going on

If the battery connections are sparking and getting hot that means that something major is on or there is a short to ground in the power circuit.