SARMIENTO22556
SARMIENTO22556, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE,OVER 20 YRS. ON ALL MAKES OF VEHICLES
8532170

Isuzu Trooper: my 2001 Isuzu trooper manual transmission makes

my 2001 Isuzu trooper manual transmission makes a whining sound when driving on the highway. The noise stops when I take my foot off the accelerator so I do not think the tires or road surface are causing noise. The vehicle drives well and there are no warning lights on. What could be causing the noise and how should I go about finding out the source of the whining noise?

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com,

typically the noise you are describing is a rear pinion shaft bearing noise. the noise is only there when you accelerate because you are loading the bearing when you depress the gas. the only repair is to replace the pinion shaft bearing.