hilltop4527, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Independent repair shop owner/operator experience with many makes and models both foreign and domestic.

Toyota 4 Runner: Hi,I have a Toyota 4Runner 1987- engine

I have a Toyota 4Runner 1987- engine 4Y and I have buy a new distributor but this one is electronically when the old is with breaker points I want to know if there is a special adaptation module between the new distributor and the old coil to use the new distributor bought ?
Hi I see you are having trouble. I will try to help. If the engine came factory with a points distributor you will have to find a points distributor to replace it with. You can swap from an electronic to a points distributor but you can't swap from a points distributor to a electronic because there are wires that are not even there. A automotive electrician may be able to add the wires and to make it work but there is no adaption module that you simply plug in to make it work. Good luck and thank you for using just answer.
Hello just checking to see if I have answered your question?