Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I took my 89 nissan 240sx to get smogged..it passed everything

Customer Question

I took my '89 nissan 240sx to get smogged..it passed everything except.."vacumn to egr disconnected, check engine light stays on, & timing rpm high @ 1,100 rpm." I had timing done, idle lowered, and new oxygen sensor put in. Then the fuel injector started to leak so the mechanic changed two o-rings. Took it back to retest..everything passed except now my car is a GROSS POLLUTER! What happened?
Category: Car
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have passed. I am checking to see if you still need help.

I am not going to lie, this concern is not my strongest point, but I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I mainly work in the last half of the day, so that is when I do all of my responding. If there is anything else you can add to your concern to help me out more so I can help you out in turn please do so in your next reply.

Once you get an answer, you will be prompted to rate me. You are rating my help, not the website, or answer. If you feel the need to rate negative, please save the rating so I can try again or find someone whom may be able to help better.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't understand how my car became a "gross polluter" in a matter of two weeks. I took my car in to have it smogged..it passed the emissions test but failed other tests..i corrected those problems and took it back in to retest and it failed! It passed the problems i fixed but somehow failed the emissions test. What could have gone wrong?