Gary, Technician
Experience:  GM master tech for 15 years/ASE master tech for 20 years

suzuki forenza: I have a 2006 Suzuki Forenza that has 83,000

I have a 2006 Suzuki Forenza that has 83,000 miles on it. My problem started when the AC would go from cool to warm on and interment basis. also driving the car would hesitate and hard starting in the morning. I took it to the dealership, they said it was the transmission sensor, bad spark plugs and low on feon. Parts were replaced and feon added. I picked up the car and still had no ac, another problem occured it starting to overheat! I took the car back to the dealership, they said it was the cooling fan, had it replaced. This time I drove the car around the dealership, car still overheated and the hesitation started back up. Took it back to the dealership said it could be the head gasket or a bad piston? Iam at wits end, need your expert opinion
Welcome to Justanswer ! my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you with this problem
wow this dealership did not do a good job at confirming the fix before you got the car back
im curious to know when its overheating if the cooling fan is runnig
does this car use any coolant ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cannot answer this question do to the fact my son has the car in Phoenix, and I live in Ohio. I was in Phoenix at the time and thats when the car problems began. I was with him when he picked the car up the first time. That when he noticed the needle was all the way over to hot. I lifted the hood and the fan was running, I could smell coolant at the time and hoses hot to touch. It's amazing to me that it did'nt overheat { steam} in 110 degree heat?

was just the needle pegged way over hot as soon as he started it up?or it started off cold then went up to over heat ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

started cold and went to hot, did not take long to go to hot.

ok if that fan was running and the coolant was full and it started off cold and went to hot at this point you either have a bad thermostat or a bad head gasket allowing compression to get into the coolant system
to prove a head gasket the shop should use a block tester which will test the coolant for any emissions in the coolant if the test is positive then the head gasket is bad
if the coolant passes the test its the thermostat,restricted flow throught he radiator or possible water pump
thats what your down too