Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years

Isuzu rodeo: My check engine light is on along with the reduced

Customer Question

My check engine light is on along with the reduced power light and my vehicle will not go over 2,500 RPM's but if I take the battery cable off and reset it it will work for a little while then the lights will come on win lose power after about a man 30 seconds
Category: Car
Expert:  Roy replied 3 years ago.

roy :

Good evening my name is Roy and I will be helping you. The reduced power light is a failure in the fly by wire system for the car. You no longer have an accelerator cable because it is all electronic controlled. The most common failure is the throttle body but there is also a pedal sensor which contains the module for the unit as well. I would need the code to narrow it down for you. Most likely the reduced power light and the check engine light are directly related. You can have the code pulled for free at a parts store. Just turning the key off and on should re set the system without removing the battery cable and clearing all adaptive memories. Roy

roy :

Did you have the code checked yet??? Roy