Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
13677702

Suzuki XL7: I have a 2003 Suzuki XL7. Today I tried to start

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Suzuki XL7. Today I tried to start the car and it wouldn't crank. I popped the hood and the positive battery terminal was loose. Tightened it up, cranked right up and we went our way. The next time I tried to start the engine, it would crank and then die. I noticed that the engine before had revved up when I would first start it. Now, it doesn't. However, I can press the accelerator after cranking and it works fine. It has never done this before today. Did disconnecting the battery to check the terminal possibly reset something that shouldn't have reset?
Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 years ago.

Tracer :

Hello, I am Randall. I have reviewed your question and working on it now. Is this an automatic trans?

JACUSTOMER-gwwpnxda- :

Hello Randall. Between me asking the question and your reply, I found the answer elsewhere. I reset the computer which fixed the stalling issue. Now it is just as it was before the battery disconnect. Sorry to have taken you time, but thanks for replying so promptly.

Tracer :

Thanks. I responded as quick as i saw the post. Was awaiting you. I will have JA close the post

JACUSTOMER-gwwpnxda- :

No problem. You replied very promptly. I was in my car resetting it when you replied thus I couldn't respond to you. Sorry about that.

Tracer :

Thanks. justwanted to be sure. We are here to help. I reply as quick as i can see the post come in. I will have JA close this for you