Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Nissan Patrol: we have a Nissan patrol,we have just got a recon

we have a Nissan patrol,we have just got a recon gear box but it make a noise when you start it up
we rang the company that put it in and they said that it is normal is that true
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If this noise was not present on the last gear box you had (before it had failed) or wasn't as noticeable like this reconditioned gear box is this sounds like something may not have been put back together properly in the gear box itself and is causing this here.

If the place you had purchased it from says this is normal I would have another shop with experience in this model listen to this noise to see if they think it is normal as well and if not then I would see if you can receive another gear box from the company you had purchased this one from or see if they will cover the costs to have this one repaired.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete