Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

The front-end shimmies; sometimes at speeds of 30-40 mph sometimes

The front-end shimmies; sometimes at speeds of 30-40 mph sometimes at speeds of 70 +. When I break, it just gets worse. Sometimes, it will not shimmy at all for several days or weeks.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If this shimmy occurs when breaking this can usually be caused by warped brake rotors.With more heat on the brake rotors the shimmy can become worse and in some cases with no or light braking the shimmy nay not be noticed or isn't as heavy.Usually it is the front rotors.

If this is the case here the brakes and rotors should be inspected to see if the rotors are found to be at fault.If they are with a severe shimmy they would usually need replaced.

If this shimmy occurs with or without braking let me know and we can continue.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete