K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Buick Century how do I engage the A/C compressor clutch

how do I re-engage the A/C compressor clutch on a '94 Century? Based on a Youtube video it looks like you can do it by connecting electric current to the right fuse relay terminal.

Hello, what size engine is in your century?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it's the 6 cylinder, 3100cc

You can use a 10 am fused jumper wire and place power to terminal 87 of the air conditioner clutch control relay. I'll post a wiring diagram below for you.graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the diagram confuses me. So, am I running the wire from the battery's positive terminal to terminal 87 in the glove compartment fuse box or is it in the engine compartment?

Yes , from the positive battery terminal to terminal 87 of the AC clutch relay which is in the under hood relay center.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

getting close. any direction on locating the relay center? Also, can I assume that the AC clutch will need some more extensive work if it doesn't start spinning after the connections are made?

thanks!

Look in the engine compartment around the edges and you'll see a group of relays. The AC one has two pink wires, a dark green wire and a dark green wire with white stripe. You want to connect power to the dark green wire. I'll post a picture below so you know what the relay group looks like.
If the clutch doesn't engage you'll need a volt /Ohm meter to measure resistance of the clutch coil
graphic