Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

isuzu trooper: I just bought a 1994 isuzu trooper. Moon roof

Customer Question

I just bought a 1994 isuzu trooper. Moon roof will not open or close and I have no dash lights. Checked all fuses under dash and regular fuses in box under hood. All ok
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX sunroof is powered by 1 fuse, and one circuit breaker, in the fuse box in the dash the fuse is C-4 and the circuit breaker is CB2, have you checked both of these?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes both are good

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
ok, then its either going to be a bad sunroof control module, or a bad sunroof motor, do you have a test light or a volt meter, we need to check the wires a the module, to do this the headliner must be removed, can you do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can't remove at the moment.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

ok, when you can do it, we need to check the black/blue wire going into the control module for 12 volts with the key on, if it has power, then check the red wire at the motor, when moving the switch to open and close, you should have power, if you dont, then the module is bad, if you do have power, then the motor is bad, i will post a picture below showing the module and the motor,Tim

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok will do. Is no dash lights a different issu e?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
yes, it will be a seperate issue, is it just the dash lights that dont work,?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes all others work

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
ok, the dash lights use the fuse C13 in the dash fuse box, have you checked this fuse and also have you checked for 12 volts at this fuse?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

13 fuse is good.. don't have a meter

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
ok, if the fuse is good, you will need to get a test light or voltmeter, then at the headlight switch, you need to see if the green wire has power to it, if it does have power, then check the green/red wires have power when you turn on the lights, if they dont then you have a bad head light switch, if you do have power on the green/re wires when the lights are on, then it a problem with the instrument cluster,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Update on the moon roof. I pulled all the fuses earlier and as I said were all good. After we spoke I went to use the car and just for the heck of it tried to open it. It worked. Tried it several times and it operated properly. I'm going to leave it closed for the mean time. Strange huh?

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is strange, but you could have made contact on the fuse when you checked them,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm going to pull that other fuse for thse dash lights and clean up contacts or just a new one in. Thanks for your help. Gave you an excellent rating.

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Anytime my friend, let me know if you need more help in the future,Tim