Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

Susuki XL7: hello....i have a 2007 susuzki XL7, the ac was

hello....i have a 2007 susuzki XL7, the ac was working on and off, still works when first start car, with fan on low, if you turn fan up or run car for while, the ac goes out, the light blinks twice before going out. the ac def not work when fan is turned up. i live in fla and its like 100 degrees right now. dont have xtra money for shop, so, i was trying to research this myself. any help would be appreciated. thank you.
Hi I'm Tom and I'm here to help you with your issue today. The a/c light on the dash blinks correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, but more importantly, after it blinks twice, the ac goes out and blows hot air

That's a tell tale sign the compressor clutch is failing was this checked?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no! I was hoping it was something simple. is this a major job?

Not really major.What you can try the compressor clutch relay first as this can be the issue .You can swap it from under the hood and if this fixes it then yes its easy if not then you need to have the compressor clutch checked and possible replaced.A good shop can do this without removing the compressor saving you money .It will run about 300 parts and labor .These are the next steps.Remember that I'm here if you need any further assistance just let me know it will be for no further charge. Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get Credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated.