Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.

DAEWOO LANOS: I HAVE A 2001 DAEWOO LANOS THAT HAS NO SIGNAL

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2001 DAEWOO LANOS THAT HAS NO SIGNAL LIGHTS OR HAZARD LIGHTS.FUSES AND WIRING ARE GOOD.HAS NEW SIGNAL LIGHT SWITCH,FLASHER AND A DIFFERENT USED FLASHER.CAN JUMP WIRES FOR LIGHTS AND ALL WILL WORK.
Category: Car
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, where are you jumping the lights at?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am jumping the lights at the hazard switch, pin # XXXXX & 6.

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that information. Do you have battery voltage at the violet wire on the turn signal switch with everything hooked up and the hazards off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Back probing @ the Purple wire ( pin #2 ) reveals 6.9-7v. Battery voltage across terminals at battery 12.6-12.7v

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX back probe pin 10 (pink wire at the hazard switch and let me know whats there. Then pin 7 (light blue/black)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pin 10 & pin 7 have battery voltage when back probed.

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Alright thats good. If you can check pin 49A (purple) at the flasher for voltage and check 31 (black) for continuity to ground.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pin 49a is also 6.9-7v

Pin 31 to ground is 2.1-3 OHMs

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Ok is it a brand new flasher or used? You may also want to try running a jumper from pin 31 to ground and seeing if the voltage comes up any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have original flasher and new, both show no change.

Pin 31 was re-grounded, also showed no change.

Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to open this back up to other experts while I look through a few things. Someone else or myself will be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alright, thank you for your help.

Looking forward to fixing this car.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HAVE NOT HEARD BACK.WAS WONDERING WHAT IS GOING ON

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES STILL WOULD LIKE YOUR HELP

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE..

I have read through all the above - Your symptoms point to a fault with the Bcm unit on the car- that is the main control module that has overall control of these circuits. That is , at this stage from what you have outlined.

Given this is an electronic "module" / computer , I dont recommend you do any testing with a DVM ( volt meter ).. this will now need to be plugged into a suitable diagnostic machine -at a dealer or other garage that has the equipment to assess this fault / cure the issue.

You can try a re boot of the systems - to do this, you disconnect both battery terminals - and connect the two battery lead connectors together. Leave that way for 30 mins - then disconnect them from each other -and connect them back to the battery - and then retry the systems. If they then work, then a re boot has worked on the module. If it stays ok, thats that. If not -or it doesn't work - then the module is suspect and will need further investigation as above..

So that as above is the way through this one now. Please note that if you have a "coded radio" - you will need the radio code after battery disconnection as above.

Let me know if you need anything more at all -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

>>>- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello MIKE,

I know you said you've read over the previous experts ideas & test points with my responses above, but have you referenced a wiring diagram for this particular car? There is no BCM for the signal lamp / hazard circuit, nor a way to communicate with anything but the PCM for this Daewoo.

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

Thank you for your reply.

The Lanos changed in 2001... is yours up to 01 or 01 on...?

Rgds, MIKE.........................................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it has a build date of 08/00

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hi again..

Thats great - Thank you ..

Please leave this with me while I check - I will get back to you asap..

No need to reply to this -

Best Rgds, MIKE.........................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello all,

This car is now FIXED. Repair was to remove the factory Daewoo 3 wire flasher and install a 2 wire one, hazards and both left and right turn signals work. I know this isn't technically a "factory" repair. The ground circuit off the 3 wire flash has good ground, unsure why it wasn't working, suspect had 2 bad flashers.

Thank you all for your help.