Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Saab 9-3 Linear: My right low beam headlight went out and I

My right low beam headlight went out and I installed a new bulb and it still does not work. I checked the fuse and they are good. What could be the problem?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

From what you have described here if the headlight bulb is found to be o.k. or has been replaced and did not correct this issue here this may be a fault with the body control module as this module controls the headlight signals.I don't see this being the headlight switch itself if the other side headlight works and the park lights.

Check the fuses in the under hood fuse box near the battery and see if any fuses are found to be blown/shorted.If one or more fuses are found to be damaged or shorted then the affected fuse would need replaced and can cause this here.

If the fuses are good I suspect this may be a fault in the BCM and would need to be checked into further to locate and correct the fault here.I would start with having the fault codes read out of the body control module to see if any codes have set with this issue as this will usually aid in the diagnosis for this issue here.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete