Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

nissan: installed new head on nissan zd30, it runs fine but

installed new head on nissan zd30, it runs fine but has developed a clatter noise only when driven under load, the noise does not seem to be coming from bottem end but more up top,does not appear to be a clutch problem. alan

sounds similar to a loud pinging noise when accelerating under load

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.

If this is a pinging type of noise and the cylinder head was replaced on this engine the first thing to check is to make sure the timing chain/belt was installed correctly and that timing is set correctly as this will cause this type of issue here especially when the engine is under load or revved up like this here.

If this is all found to be o.k. let me know and we can continue if needed.

Thanks Pete

I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.

Thanks Pete